Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, November 01, 2009

30 Days of Giving



Alyssa at Kingdom First Mom has a great idea for November and I am joining in! 30 days of Giving - Want to come too?

This is not just a monetary challenge - time, talents and resources are all in and I am going to keep a personal journal of giving and receiving for the month. Giving can be large or small - the important thing here is to take notice and to take action.

Alyssa says it better than I can so I will quote her:
"Just remember to write it down. Not in a boastful, look-how-generous-I-am kind of way. But to keep yourself accountable and be transformed.

Write down the blessings that come your way each day, too. Get your whole family on board!"

Today, we went to our annual harvest dinner at church and learned about UGM's new women's shelter which is opening to serve addicted women and their children. Because it's a new shelter, and a new building there are lots of opportunities and ways we can help. Obviously, there are monetary needs, as well as volunteer opportunities and donations needed.

I am also collecting winter jackets and ski pants and was blessed to receive an amazing snowsuit today which will be making its way to Norquay school this week to keep some little girl warm this winter! Thanks Jobina! Last week we sent a few winter jackets that were hanging around in our basement to the school with one of my teacher friends and she told me that they were on the kids by morning recess - I posted on facebook and we are going to be able to keep a few more kids warm this winter! AWESOME!



1 comments:

Jobina 9:16 PM  

You're welcome! I thought that it was so awesome that it was given to me and now here I could pass it on and bless someone else! I hope those kids stay warm enough this winter!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP