Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fostering update.

Tonight is the last in a series of 4 orientation meetings that we've attended. Keith's parents have been coming over on Thursday nights to watch the kids for us which has been a blessing in two ways - first, because the kids are with someone we know and trust. Second, because it's given William an opportunity to get to know them a little better and enjoy them a bit (he's a bit of a mama's boy which just means he's healthy and attached to me - which is awesome - but makes it hard for others to enjoy him!)

We also have to attend an attachment seminar - which is scheduled for this saturday - but because it is an all day seminar we are going to miss it and go to the next one in the fall. We talked about having one of us go now and the other go in the fall but the truth is, we would rather go together! And hopefully in the fall, William will be ok without me for a longer period.

So tonight we should be able to pick up the application forms and get started on our paperwork/appointments in preparation for our homestudy.

7 comments:

Mark 8:10 PM  

Wow, it sounds like lots of work to get prepared! You two are awesome, seriously.

Jobina 8:10 AM  

I'm so excited for you both! Whatever I need to do to prepare to be respite for you, just let me me know!!! I would absolutely love to do that for you!

Colleen Salter 12:20 PM  

I think that you should give a little update on all that's going on if you get a chance. I sent you an email and I hope it worked. if you could send me those pictures before saturday that would be great because we don't have a computer at home and I have access to this one right now with high speed. thanks.

C 7:13 PM  

Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Things that make you go "Hmmmm" ....

Nikki 3:02 PM  

whoops- i should go edit that info to the post! You can mail a cheque to

Cole Brown
75 queen st N unit 1903
Hamilton, ON Canada

OR send paypal to https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=LnwI7AqhoZTwG2pKNaG35FiuESJt5H8ncLFxiFB48vOcPMnVT-NemSMRIYO&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f9fecf49521b3f5af8500b6262ba08c6a6c42096c47a6d044

Recovering Noah 2:06 PM  

Hey, you!!! Where have you been? You haven't blogged in ages......!

Good to hear from you.:-)

Deborah 4:10 PM  

Hi Lee, if you email me at debbolack at gmail.com, I'll try to resend my email.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP