Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Granola

This morning I made granola for the first time. I'm trying to use some of the food we have in our cupboards and this is something I've been thinking of trying for awhile. I love Quaker Harvest Crunch and I ate boxes of it when I was expecting Will. I can't say this is the same, but it is very good - on its own or with milk. Mine isn't as clumpy as the photo in the recipe link, maybe they used more honey than I did - I used what they called for, but I kind of eyeballed the other amounts. I only added dates, but I might try it with dried apples, apricots or cranberries. I left the nuts out too, in case I decide to serve it to the daycare kids. I bet this cost me less than $1 to make vs. $5 for a small box at the store.

1 comments:

Jobina 2:50 PM  

mmm, granola. I used to LOVE granola! I haven't eaten it for years just due to fat content. I bet if I made my own though, I could cut that down significantly! Then I could have it with yogurt and berries again. mmmmm....

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP