Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Onion Soup for the girls at Sunwest....by request

Sweet Onion Soup
6 onions, cut into thick slices (I use the large sweet white onions)
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon thyme
salt and pepper to taste
6 tablespoons grape juice with a splash of vinegar
6 slices of French bread that has been toasted
6 slices Provolone cheese

Toast bread.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large soup pot, over medium high heat, saute onions in olive oil. Cook for about 10 minutes until onions are soft and browning nicely. Add beef broth, thyme, salt and pepper to taste, and the sherry, simmering for 15 minutes.Ladle soup into oven-proof bowls. Place bowls on cookie sheet in oven. Top each bowl with a piece of the toasted French bread and a slice of cheese on top of the bread.Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP