Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, December 24, 2004

the Christmas Crazies

You know those moments when your kids are driving you so nuts you feel like poking your eyes out with a stick? Well my week has been full of these little moments, peppered with other most endearing moments where you wonder what on earth you would do without the little munchkins.
I think it is the waiting that is getting to them – especially since I refuse to venture out in this weather so we have been cooped up in the house the entire week.

This morning my kids have a case of the Christmas Crazies. It goes something like this:
Noah: “Dora look – my wallet is on my head – Dora you better get it off before it falls…quick Dora”
Dora takes wallet off Noah’s head.
Noah: “Dora, you can’t hold my wallet, give it back, it’s not yours. MOM – DORA TOOK MY WALLET”

Grr…this goes on in various forms, with various toys, books, the remote, the cookie cutters etc. Yes, they are in their rooms now and I have turned up the Christmas carols so I can no longer hear them.

On the other side of the coin, Noah came up to me today and handed me a loonie. “this is for you mom.”
Me: “Noah I can’t take your money”
Noah: “But I want to give it to you. I have lots of money. And I have enough to buy Dora’s birthday present. I want to get her pretty glasses.”
Me (Conceding – after all I certainly don’t want to kill the spirit of giving): “Wow Noah, that is very special – thank you”
Now I just have to figure out a way to get the little guy’s money back to him….It doesn’t feel right taking his money!

Merry Christmas Eve….and a happy tomorrow to all…
Lee

6 comments:

Darlene Schacht 3:35 PM  

Merry Christmas Lee, Keith, Noah, Dora, Nellie

Love the Schacht Six

Elaine 8:55 PM  

Merry Christmas Lee, Keith & family! Hope your Christmas is a wonderful one shared with family & friends and filled with the making of many wonderful memories!

Darlene Schacht 7:40 PM  

Hi,

My neice started blogging today, here is here url

http://stephs-sidewalk.blogspot.com

Maybe I will see you there, unless of course your square.

Jay 3:36 AM  

And now, cheers of happy new year in order, so those go out to you and yours aswell.

Alyssa 12:34 PM  

Just wanted to check in and make sure you are still live or just very busy? I hope it is the latter!

Elaine 7:10 AM  

Just stopping by to say HELLO! Thank you for your comments on my site. It feels good that when I remember to type something . . . someone comments! How are you doing? I guess you are busy these days too! Sometimes its hard to find time to blog isn't it?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP