Friday, December 24, 2004

the Christmas Crazies

You know those moments when your kids are driving you so nuts you feel like poking your eyes out with a stick? Well my week has been full of these little moments, peppered with other most endearing moments where you wonder what on earth you would do without the little munchkins.
I think it is the waiting that is getting to them – especially since I refuse to venture out in this weather so we have been cooped up in the house the entire week.

This morning my kids have a case of the Christmas Crazies. It goes something like this:
Noah: “Dora look – my wallet is on my head – Dora you better get it off before it falls…quick Dora”
Dora takes wallet off Noah’s head.
Noah: “Dora, you can’t hold my wallet, give it back, it’s not yours. MOM – DORA TOOK MY WALLET”

Grr…this goes on in various forms, with various toys, books, the remote, the cookie cutters etc. Yes, they are in their rooms now and I have turned up the Christmas carols so I can no longer hear them.

On the other side of the coin, Noah came up to me today and handed me a loonie. “this is for you mom.”
Me: “Noah I can’t take your money”
Noah: “But I want to give it to you. I have lots of money. And I have enough to buy Dora’s birthday present. I want to get her pretty glasses.”
Me (Conceding – after all I certainly don’t want to kill the spirit of giving): “Wow Noah, that is very special – thank you”
Now I just have to figure out a way to get the little guy’s money back to him….It doesn’t feel right taking his money!

Merry Christmas Eve….and a happy tomorrow to all…
Lee

7 comments:

Darlene 3:35 PM  

Merry Christmas Lee, Keith, Noah, Dora, Nellie

Love the Schacht Six

Linda 3:45 PM  

We wish you a Very Merry Christmas and are so sad that we will not be making it to Winterpeg this Christmas
but hope to see you in May/05 God Bless

Elaine 8:55 PM  

Merry Christmas Lee, Keith & family! Hope your Christmas is a wonderful one shared with family & friends and filled with the making of many wonderful memories!

Darlene 7:40 PM  

Hi,

My neice started blogging today, here is here url

http://stephs-sidewalk.blogspot.com

Maybe I will see you there, unless of course your square.

Jay 3:36 AM  

And now, cheers of happy new year in order, so those go out to you and yours aswell.

Alyssa 12:34 PM  

Just wanted to check in and make sure you are still live or just very busy? I hope it is the latter!

Elaine 7:10 AM  

Just stopping by to say HELLO! Thank you for your comments on my site. It feels good that when I remember to type something . . . someone comments! How are you doing? I guess you are busy these days too! Sometimes its hard to find time to blog isn't it?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP