Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, August 07, 2009

No more free ride, baby

We have 3 kids in the house so things can get a little messy. Since 2 of the 3 are pretty capable of helping out, we needed some kind of system to organize their underused skills.

There are many creative ideas on the web, but I really like the simplicity of this one at Pretty Organized Palace. We simplified it even more and made two lists of jobs, each kid gets one list, and they swap on Sundays. Now, this is new, so the kids are pretty gung ho, but the beauty of this system is that the jobs are written down so the kids know what needs to be done rather than wandering aimlessly around their assigned room until I come in and snap some orders at them. Yeah, that was our previous "system" – you can imagine how well that worked.

If this keeps working well, I might have to have a few more kids and pretty soon I can live a life of leisure while my kids take care of me….hahahahahahahahaha.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP