Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Something New.

It's been quiet around the blog for awhile now as I have had a lot of things to mull over and some changes are afoot in my life. God is challenging my heart, my life and my wallet in a big way and I think I'm ready to start sharing a bit of that with all of you. It's time for a little action around here. I find myself filled with discontent for the complacency of my life and lifestyle.

Keith and I have made a decision to pursue foster parenting and we are going to begin orientation classes at the end of this month. This is something we have talked about before, and we even took the orientation back in 2001 but put it on hold as we were expecting Dora at the time. Then we decided to have a third (and final – HA) baby and I wasn't sure I could ask Keith to consider fostering again when we had three of our own at home. But when God is knocking (POUNDING!) on the door of your heart, I dare you to ignore Him. So on our trip to Brandon in April, I brought it up again – thinking I would just mention it and not press the issue, letting God do the rest. By the time we reached Brandon, we had decided to go ahead.

It's taken a while to get the orientation booked, mainly because I was on a bit of a rabbit trail trying to find out who I should be calling and trying to get a response back. However, it was all for the best because the orientation we are attending is Thursday evenings (4x 2hr sessions). The lady I spoke with said the previous session they had was a weekend session – which would not have worked for us, since William is still primarily nursing and I can't leave him for any length of time.

So that's a start. I have to admit, paperwork frustrates me. I feel like I need to hurry up and get registered, then I can wait on God's timing for placements.

As for the WHY of it, well, our lives are busy – but they are busy at home. It is difficult to get out and volunteer at a soup kitchen, to arrange for childcare to get out in the community – but this is a way for us to be God's hands and feet where we are right now. It's time.

2 comments:

Jobina 9:11 PM  

That's so awesome Lee! You are so wonderful, caring and giving with children, I think you would offer a wonderful home to a Foster Child. I can't wait to hear how it all goes. (Great to see you back on your Blog btw, I really missed you and your realness)

shannon hayward 11:42 AM  

Wow! That's great! It's good to hear that you're listening to God's call. It inspires me to try to listen to God's voice more often. I'm afraid I've lost sight of that. Thanks for your realness and not being afraid to speak out!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP