Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Recipe recap:

Ok – the menu went well. I did switch up the days, depending on our schedule.

Chicken and rice soup: This was good – I would make it again – it's a little bland but in that comfort food kind of way, not a boring way. Bonus was the kids liked it. It was more like a stew than a soup tho because I used real rice not the instant rice it called for and I wasn't sure of the ratio….so it's pretty ricey. We had it with biscuits.

Marinated Chicken breasts, Rice, Roast Pepper Salad – not bad, but nothing to write home about. And a bit fussy to make – I'd prefer just plain roasted peppers (yum). The chicken was good (marinade from a bottle so nothing fancy here.

Tuna Pita melts & Broccoli Salad: This was a winner – will definitely make these both again. Dora did not like the salad at all but she really enjoyed making it with me.

Sloppy Joes & Potato Buns: Good – and worth it just for the Harvest Bakery Potato buns. Made enough for Keith's lunch and a daycare lunch – YAY!

Rice and Beans: So yummy, super cheap and filling. William liked this too.


 

I may post next week's menu when I get it made. At least one meal will have beef stock, since I accidently opened a carton when I needed chicken stock. I am going to challenge myself to make things out of our pantry and freezer (with the exception of any produce we may need – must have fresh veggies!)

1 comments:

Jobina 5:08 PM  

I'd love some of those recipe's, like the Chicken Rice soup and the Rice and Beans. I like your challenge to cook out of your freezer and pantry, it makes it easier to make supper if you know you have the ingredients on hand. Bravo!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP