Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Time flies...


A little birdie reminded me that I haven't posted in awhile. So here's a recent picture of Will who's been with us for 1/2 a year now. Crazy how the time is flying by. We are enjoying every minute with him and it is especially nice now that he has figured out how to nap in his own crib! He sleeps with us at night but I feel much better laying him in his crib for naps since he now rolls and I obviously can't be there for the whole nap!
Will is my granola baby - we are cloth diapering him, baby wearing (sling), feeding him whole foods and encouraging self feeding. This is very different for me as I was pretty mainstream with my first two babies but it feels very natural to take a different approach this time around and I am enjoying it very much. For Christmas, we are buying him a goat. (kidding)

Actually for Christmas we are scaling back a LOT. I've been feeling like we have so much excess lately, and with the blessings of hand me downs we've received, we really don't need much so I'd like to avoid going so commercial this year. I will have to avoid the stores because I do have a bad habit of impulse buying, especially this time of year!

In other news, I have been running off my feet with photo editing, daycare and just daily life. All is well, but very busy and we are being careful to not burn ourselves out.

Oh - and our Christmas Block Party is coming up at church on November 24. It should be a lot of fun - so if you're around, you should drop by! (And it's FREE!)

3 comments:

Jobina 1:16 PM  

Thank-you little birdie! I missed your blog Lee, you are so refreshing! I know what you mean about Christmas, my sister and I decided that this year we are going to make each other baskets of stuff from our kitchen. Jars of jam, meat rubs, dessert mixes, pasta sauces, whatever. With getting small jars at the Dollar store and also making some of the recipes for teachers, etc, it should help make Christmas cheaper for all. I think Will would love a little goat, and it would round out his little granola life. Then again, you could get him what mark always suggests I should get the kids for a gift, "get them a box, they'll be happiest with it!"

Lynne 7:52 PM  

Lee,

I like your church a lot. I love it that it is the church building that I grew up going to church in. I went straight to your church's site to check it out. Very cool. Keep us all posted on future events. K?

BTW, I need your help, could you e-mail me? ldecock@shaw.ca I have some questions for you with regards to your daycare.

jessica 6:12 AM  

was just hopping around the blogs and found you. your little one is just adorable. love your awareness of excess of things.
happy holidays!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP