Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2005

A Mother Daughter Day

This morning Dora and I made cookies. Thursdays are my morning off and we typically try to do something special together. Often we will walk down to Grant Park Mall and have timbits and a little jaunt around the dollar store. After the wind we had last week tho, the sidewalks are pretty blown in. So today, we decided we would stay home and bake something yummy.
Now it is a little house-wifey I know, but these really are the best Oatmeal cookies I've ever had, so I am going to share the recipe with all of you :) I'm not in with the "secret recipe" clique who withholds all their favorite recipes...so I hope you try these and enjoy. Or just enjoy a virtual cookie and tea from me.
Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
2 cups margerine
3 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups coconut
2 tsp vanilla
sugar
- in a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs
- sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix into the creamed mixture.
- Add rolled oats, coconut and vanilla. Combine thoroughly.
- shape dough into balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Press balls down with a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes

My chief helper and cookie presser, Dora, swears by these!

1 comments:

Alyssa 10:12 PM  

We just made your cookies! Thanks for the recipe!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP