Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, December 09, 2004

On the Stage of Life

I've been thinking lately about my life...I am so thankful for the mistakes that I've made. I remember as a teenager being so angry at a friend who found herself pregnant and consequently married at 16. My youth leaders at the time took me down a peg, and their message still rings loud and clear in my mind. "You don't know what you would have done in her situation." And they were right. 5 years later, when I was 21 and found myself pregnant I realized that maybe I didn't have it all together. It sure is easy to judge when you are on the other side of the fence.
Grace - it's getting what you don't deserve.
Mercy - it's not getting what you do deserve.
It was a lesson I needed badly...a lesson I still need to remember and relearn. Interestingly, I've found that a little dose of reality tv will provide a wake up call. In our house we enjoy The Amazing Race, and The Apprentice (Be the Donald!). The other day my brother made an offhanded comment that the people on these shows were all evil and bad. It made me think - how would I react in a situation where I was under great stress, in competition and on camera. I certainy don't think I will be signing up for any reality shows anytime soon.
If my life was a show on television - what would the people watching say about me? Would they think I was a hot headed judgemental religious person with a double standard between myself and the rest of the world? ("hi pot, it's me kettle") Or would they see a person trying to be like Jesus? - to love others, even the "unlovable", and unlike Jesus, failing at times to get it right. I hope it's the latter. I hope for all my failings that I am becoming more like Jesus and less like a religious person every day. Jesus - the man that the destitute, poor, broken, hungry, sinful masses flocked to - and he just streched out his arms and loved them.

Blessings,
Lee





1 comments:

Alyssa 3:29 PM  

I love that last part about being more like Jesus and less like a religious person. Now those are words to live by. I actually started talking and somewhat witnessing to a guy who commented on my blog and in turn found him doing allot of Christain bashing. Saying that we judge people for their sins from our high horse basically. So I told him yes this is true of many Christains but told him do be frustrated with the people but not the God. We are sinners but He is perfect. Don't let us ruin God's repuation for you.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP