Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Even a Fool...

I went shopping today. It's always a bit of a surprise to go shopping on a Saturday in December and find that the stores really aren't that crowded. Now I do have to add a disclaimer. I went shopping at Grant Park Mall. The mall that isn't. The mall that has some stores but not really the best stores.
Anyway, a great thing happened while I was shopping today. I FOUND my Keys! I checked at security, and at the lost and found's in the stores I had visited on thursday...no luck. Then I opened my wallet to scrounge for some change...and there they were safely zippered into my change purse. Of course - I put them there on purpose before I left home on Thursday - to keep them safe - so I wouldn't lose them....(yah can you see the big flashing L on my forehead?...here's a hint - it doesn't stand for Lee.)
I actually thought about making up some story about finding them at the mall so I wouldn't have to own up to my own stupidity. But here I am coming clean in front of my husband...and the internet masses.
I have to say, there has been an abundance of humble pie at my house lately. For some reason my brain, which up until now has been in good working order, has recently short circuited and there are fuses blowing all over the place. I love the widom of Proverbs 17:28 "Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." I'm working on it. In the meantime I will choose to laugh at my mistakes and not get hung up on them...

When I got home from shopping today I had a wrapping session. It took aproximately 2 hours. Do you think I bought too much...? I get so much joy from picking gifts for my husband and children. This is my favorite part about presents. The picking out, and keeping secret, and imagining their delight when they get their gift... Keith isn't the biggest fan of shopping. In fact, the only ones he's in charge of shopping for are me, and his parents. I have to say, that for the most part, I don't mind this arrangement - although I think we may end up like my grandparents. My grandma always did all the Christmas shopping and she would sign her name to some of the gifts and Grandpa's name to others. Invariably, when we would thank Grandpa for the gift he would say "oh yes, what's this again?" and we would proudly show off our present. When we got a little older we realized that like us, Grandpa was seeing his gift for the first time as well! I don't think it bothered him a bit... :)

Merry Merry!
Lee

7 comments:

Alyssa 2:10 AM  

very clever....writting that is. No comment on the whole key situation! jk I have had days where I have spent ten minutes searching for my keys to find that they were in my right hand the entire time so don't feel bad! I am glad someone likes Christmas shopping as much as I do, although you seem to be better at the keeping a secret part. My husband is right there with Kieth on the whole shopping bit. In fact this year since I did the wrap as you go technique he has not even seen half the stuff we got the kids. Is there a word limit on comments? Hope not! OK I will shut up now!

Darlene Schacht 11:15 AM  

Isn't it awesome how God told you a safe place to keep your keys, because he knew you would lose them?

I never really noticed the L on your forehead before, maybe your bangs cover it up. I have "large load" written on my backside, but no one has ever noticed that either. Although, sometimes when I back up, they have mentioned hearing a beeping sound.

Alyssa 11:02 AM  

Ok Lee this is day two of checking your blogg ten times to no avail. What's going on here????? Stop taking care of kids, stop cleaning your house, stop cooking dinner and start blogging!

Alyssa 2:31 PM  

check number three! check check! Your counter is going to mulitply rapidly b/c I check your site ten times a day!

Elaine 8:06 AM  

I know what you mean about the key thing. I am also equally good at losing my interac card.

Christmas shopping is great. But MY husband likes to be a complete part of it. Kinda a good thing . . kinda annoying too! But to be fair, I must say, if I was out shopping and did find something particularly wonderful and bought it . . . he probably wouldn't mind. He just likes to be a part of it too.

Darlene Schacht 10:47 AM  

Excuse me, you have guests waiting over here, Lee!!!

I need a little Lee injection, or I am going to get the shakes.

Thinking...is it possible that she has a life?... couldn't be.

Leanne 11:10 AM  

Elaine you are so lucky! It's my dream that Keith would enjoy shopping with me...and every now and then he will come with me. But it's a rare day when he does it with out moaning and sighing and it kind of ruins the fun. And if he does get through it I feel bad because while I am in seventh heaven enjoying a shop with my hubby, he is merely enduring it and putting on a happy face for me...he does try and be a good sport. Plus - it's hard to Christmas shop together - because then we have to find a sitter.
L

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP