Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Here's the mail!


I love getting packages in the mail...and today I got a new sling I ordered from HUGS (Help Us Give Slings). I haven't been able to get it tight enough to tie it in the traditional selendang fold but with a little practice I think I'll be able to do it. Of course I can always knot the fabric for any of the alternate folds and I think I'll see if I can pick up some sling rings too for even more options. :) This is a departure for me as the fabric is a really beautiful Indonesian Batik print and I usually stick to solids or really basic patterns but I am loving the color right now! There are a lot of colour choices - I had a hard time picking just one.

HUGS is a non-profit family effort started by two sisters as a response to the 2004 earthquake in Indonesia and subsequent tsunami in Southeast Asia. When you purchase a beautiful Indonesian selendang baby sling the funds raised are used to donate slings to mothers affected by the tragedies in Indonesia and East Timor.

So many traditional cultures spend the first few years in almost constant contact with their little ones and I have found since Will LOVES to be held, wearing him in a sling has saved my aching arms many times! Slings can tend to be a bit overpriced in my opinion (as is most baby gear!) so the $20 ($26 with postage!) price tag is a steal! Plus it benefits another mama!


(image taken by Dora! - there is one where he is smiling but it was blurry. Really, he does love the sling!)

*top image courtesy of HUGS website.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP