Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Freecycle.

One of my biggest pet peeves is clutter in my house – on every surface, it seems to accumulate out of nowhere. In an effort to declutter, to simplify things a bit and to appreciate the things we truly enjoy more, I've been trying to get rid of some of our excess. I have found this to be a never ending process.

I've been posting a few things on Freecycle lately. It's very simple. I signed up to the Winnipeg Freecycle group and started posting items to give away. It's very handy – you post what you have on offer, people who are interested reply, and they come pick up your item! In the last month and a half I have gotten rid of: a Christmas tree, a digital camera, 2 playstation memory cards, maternity clothes, children's books (ones we weren't reading), a doll house, an exersaucer, a metal stand to hold video tapes, old magazines, a toilet, a pair of jeans, a novel, reflective strips, jars and canning lids,and 4 home depot kids aprons.

I like to donate to Canadian Diabetes too when they call for pickups, but what I love about freecycle is that the item gets used right away, instead of sitting in a second hand shop for months until someone buys it.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP