Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, December 02, 2005

Advent

The kids got a great Advent devotional booklet from church this year - it's got great craft and activity ideas to keep them interested. Here they are with the advent wreath they created.
I loved the magic of Santa when I was a kid, but I always knew the real meaning of Christmas so I want my kids to find the real Christmas story interesting and fun too. - Not just glaze over it to get to the candy coated Santa stuff. Just last night, Dora told me the Christmas story - almost word for word the way I tell it at Sunday school - and my friend told me that her daughter did the same thing! So far so good....I love it! Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Colleen Salter 11:25 AM  

Wow, your kids have grown since summer. I love it when children understand the true meaning of Christmas. Plus they can enjoy the giving part and not just the getting. I look forward to having the same wonderful experiences with my kids telling me about Christ and knowing that as a parent I am doing something right.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am mom to 3 kids and in process to adopt another from Ethiopia. I run a home daycare for teacher's kids and enjoy taking pictures. I love God and I love my family! :)

Swidget 1.0

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP